Department for Transport: Driving an inclusive apprenticeship recruitment strategy
The key challenges
- Become the first external apprenticeship recruitment partner for the Department of Transport and get it right first time.
- Develop a recruitment and attraction strategy that aligned directly to their D&I strategy and commitment to supporting social mobility, for external and internal candidates.
- Worked closely in partnership with the internal recruitment team, joining briefings and systems training.
- Provide access to sophisticated targeting and recruitment processes from our expert Apprenticeship Recruitment team.
- Utilise our wide variety of platforms and partnerships to extend reach, specifically to the BAME community.
- Supported live webinars for potential candidates to gain key insight into the opportunities available.
- Embed inclusive statement on job role and positive action statements around the DfT culture and values.
- Planned and delivered internal marketing and communications to existing DfT employees.
- Held engagement sessions with line managers to increase commitment and drive internal applications
- Successfully planned, developed, and implemented a personalised end-to-end recruitment campaign generating 500+ applications. (Timeline 4 weeks)
- Screened and graded the 500+ applications to generate 114 suitable candidates for the assessment stage. (Timeline 2 weeks)
- Resulting in 25 high calibre enrolments and the start of a strong and collaborative partnership.