Ten Tips For Personal Trainer Success
1) Most of us don’t ask for feedback because we’re scared of what we might hear. Be brave, get the opinion of personal trainers you respect and act on their advice.
2) Volunteer. Be the one who puts his hand up when no-one else can be bothered. It won’t always work out well but it’s amazing how something seemingly mundane can open doors you never expected to walk through.
3) Speaking in public is man’s greatest dread, bar none - most people fear it more than death.
4) There is no failure only feedback. Embrace your “failures” as part of the learning process and ignore your critics
5) If you want to be successful in the fitness business, help others to achieve their goals and they will repay you many times over.
6) Sweat the small stuff. The difference between success and failure often boils down to the detail. Always under-promise and over-deliver.
7) When you make a mistake, admit it, learn from it and move on. Allow others to do the same.
8) Make your boss look good - the ability to ‘manage up’ is an extraordinarily valuable asset.
9) Choose your battles. If you feel passionately about something stand your corner and argue your case but don’t turn everything into a drama. Tip: Give up the need to be right.
10) Do what you say you are going to do. People do business with people they like and trust. Trust is built on credibility and credibility is built on reliability.