Lifetime Training is re-accredited with matrix Standard
Following stringent assessment and evaluation, Lifetime Training has been re-awarded the matrix Standard accreditation for a further three years.
The matrix Standard is the unique quality standard for organisations to assess and measure their advice and support services which influence an individual’s choice of career, learning, work and life goals.
Alex Khan, CEO of Lifetime Training: “Advising and training more than 15,000 learners a year is a significant responsibility. Our people are motivated to excel every day and it is through our commitment to quality alone that we have the opportunity to work with the likes of Fitness First, Bupa, and Hilton.”
Lifetime Training was commended on the following:
- Approach to training and development from recruitment and induction through to staff CPD
- Company culture and positivity of staff which is reflected in the way learners are treated
- High performing professional staff
- Major investment and commitment to IT which enables staff to provide up-to-date information to clients and learners
- Excellent use of collecting, evaluating and using client, learner and staff feedback to drive improvements in the advice and guidance provided
Through the provision of high quality Apprenticeship training and staff development, Lifetime Training has rapidly expanded its client base across Fitness and Active Leisure, Food Service and Hospitality, Health and Social Care, the Children and Young People’s Workforce, Business Support and Retail.