Protect your paws with an anti-ageing manicure
Visible signs of ageing are often seen first in the hands so an anti-ageing manicure is essential. As we age the skin on the hands becomes less elastic, more crepe-like and age spots may appear. Nails appear brittle and may break more easily. Protection for these vulnerable and visible assets is crucial.
Here are some dos and don’ts from the experts at Lifetime Training:
- As we age the shape of our nails is increasingly important. Draw attention away from flaky, ridged nails with a ‘squoval’ shape (square/oval) and keep nails short.
- Use light coloured nail polish, as this will draw less attention to overt ridges in your nails.
- Don’t forget to exfoliate your hands. We often only remember before a spray tan or during a manicure at a salon or spa. Exfoliation removes dead skin and improves the appearance of the skin.
- If you want to try something new consider Microdermabrasion on your hands. A fantastic anti-ageing treatment, Microdermabrasion leaves the skin feeling soft and silky and looking radiant, increasing blood and lymph circulation, reducing the appearance of pigmentation and leaving your skin primed for a luscious lotion.
- Always use products which have an SPF to avoid age spots on the delicate skin of the hands.
- Look for hand creams with a thicker content containing humectants and glycerin, which attract and add moisture into the skin. Dermalogica has a great Multi Vitamin Hand and Nail Cream in its Age Smart Range. Or consider an overnight hand treatment to feed your skin.
- Above all protect your hands in winter by wearing gloves to avoid a weather beaten look!
Want to max out your manicure techniques as well as qualify on a range of other beauty therapy techniques such as Microdermabrasion?
Check out Lifetime Training’s Levels 2 and 3 Beauty Therapy Diplomas, to see which method of learning suits you best.