TriggerPoint Training - why should you be learning #How2roll?
Foam rollers can be found throughout gyms, physiotherapists and chiropractic clinics as well on the sidelines of professional sports teams. But what benefits are there for anyone suffering from aches, pains and sore muscles?
Injuries, repetitive motions and transference pain with a disability or not, can degrade your muscles and fascia, (the connective tissue that surrounds and supports your muscles) leading to localized areas of tenderness, called Trigger Points.
These Trigger points are highly irritable bundles of tissue laid down by the body to protect an area, usually due to bad posture, dehydration and repetitive movement. They can restrict the range of motion of the muscle and can refer pain to other locations, i.e. Headaches. If left untreated, they can lead to scar tissue formation and transferal pain. For that reason, measures need to be taken to maintain and develop greater range of movement and more efficient biomechanics to help you deal not only with day to day life, but with sporting performance.
Foam rolling and Myofascial Compression techniques works by applying pressure to these trigger points, which creates ischemic pressure that in turn releases the tension (myofascial release) in the muscle, allowing the pain to abate.
By using your own body weight and TriggerPoint products you can start to “Learn More and Move Better”. Using TriggerPoint products can allow you to:
- perform a self-massage (myofascial release)
- break down soft tissue adhesions and scar tissue, making your muscles more pliable and functional
- break up trigger points
- increase flexibility
- minimize soreness and help your muscles feel relaxed
- increase blood flow and circulation to the soft tissues
Self-myofascial release (SMR) has been shown to relieve muscle and joint pains and improve flexibility and range of motion. This workshop teaches the fundamentals of myofascia, reviews the latest SMR research and then dives into the Trigger Point Performance™ SMR movement philosophy using the GRID® foam roller.
Participants walk away with 6 Reps points and the practical knowledge and hands-on experience coaching and cueing movements that can be scaled to all-levels of general health and athletic clients for pre- and post-workout foam rolling.
What can I do with the qualification post course?
Many of the trainers who have already been on the course have increased their income by:
- Training with local sports team as part of either their pre-season training or as workshops throughout the season for injury prevention.
- Working with physios and Chiropractors offering training sessions to their clientele.
- Introducing “How2roll” session within club chains to bring in extra revenue. These have been run as either part of a current class or as a specialised class for runners/ski prep.
- Teaching classes in the local communities from Postural Health, Movement function to Specialised Running workshops.
- Working alongside local sports shops on Retail upskilling, to run workshops for staff, customers and to link the product sales to education in the community writing for local papers.
- Working alongside the master trainers at TriggerPoint UK at Trade shows.
Triggerpoint Courses run across the UK and Live on the Edge would like to offer all Lifetime students a 10% discount off all our education throughout January using the unique code of LT10. Simply head to the webpage, choose the course and add the discount code to the basket.http://www.live-on-the-edge.com/training-schedule/
If you have any further questions please contact: email@example.com.