Business: What are Apprentices?
Apprentices are great way to get quality staff, that grow quickly and get to know your business inside and out.
Apprenticeships are schemes where employees can earn whilst they learn, this is one of the big bonuses of having an apprentice working at your company, they earn money whilst they learn the skills needed for the job in hand.
Many companies are looking at hiring apprentices because of:
- 81% of employers said that apprentices increased overall productivity
- The average productivity increase per week is £214 per apprentice
- 59% of businesses say they benefit from lower training costs.
Motivate and Satisfy Workforce:
- 92% of employers said that apprenticeships lead to a more motivated and satisfied workforce
- 75% of employers have their former apprentices still working for them
- 57% of employers report their recruited apprentices go on to management positions.
Corporate Social Responsibility:
- 67% of consumers agreed that offering apprenticeships is “a key part of a company’s contribution to society”
- Creates good news stories as apprenticeships provide positive impact on local employment
- Consumers are willing to pay a price premium if that company are investing in local jobs and skills through apprenticeships.
If an apprentice is what your company needs visit the Business section of our website for more information!