Looking back at National Apprenticeship Week 2020
To celebrate National Apprenticeship Week 2020 Lifetime Training launched a week-long social media campaign with the help of our partners and learners. We focused on championing the ‘Unexpected Benefits’ of apprenticeships, the lesser-known benefits as highlighted by our learners.
We wanted to share examples of personal or professional development experienced by apprentices. In total, 155 learners from across 34 employers told the world about the benefits of apprenticeships.
We’re proud of the incredible input from our employer partners during this campaign. As a result, we reached more than 180,000 people during National Apprenticeship Week.
National Apprenticeship Week round-up
In addition to joining Lifetime’s campaign, our employer partners celebrated their learners during National Apprenticeship Week in a range of ways. Employer-led events, award ceremonies, and case studies championed apprenticeships across the week.
Here are a few highlights from some of our partner’s activities during National Apprenticeship Week:
- McDonald’s, Marston’s, Greene King, B&Q, Pizza Express, M&B, Hilton, Bourne Leisure, Poundland, Jurys Inn, Pret, and LGH attended events at the House of Commons.
- Hilton held their National Apprenticeship Week Event at Hilton Northampton, with Ben Foster winning Apprentice of the Year. Hilton also delivered an apprenticeship podcast for the Department of Work and Pensions and collaborated with Pret and Pizza Express at the Educating the Educators event.
- Greene King launched their new Achiever Awards to celebrate their outstanding apprentices, held a local pubs recruitment day in Manchester, and were featured in news articles promoting diversity in hiring apprentices. Lifetime’s dedicated Greene King team went ‘back to the floor’ to spend time working with their learners in sites across the UK.
- KFC were proud to hold their Annual Awards, celebrating apprenticeship achievers and recognising their success.
- McDonald’s showcased apprentice achievements through a series of case studies. These focused on the positive experience of learners on McDonald’s Apprenticeship Programme and the impact apprenticeship has had on their career.
- Berkshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust held a great day for apprentices at Bracknell Open Learning Centre. The event included information about appraisals, mindfulness, 20% off-the-job training, and communication workshops.
- Medway NHS Trust organised and held an Apprenticeship Fair at Medway Hospital in Kent. The fair enabled staff members to talk to Lifetime about what vocational learning opportunities were available.
- Maria Mallaband Countrywide Group kickstarted National Apprenticeship Week by attending the Leeds Apprenticeship Recruitment Fair to talk about their apprenticeship programmes and vacancies.
- Lifeways Group developed their own digital resources to support National Apprenticeship Week and the #lookbeyond campaign. These were posted in a targeted campaign across both their internal and social media platforms with the aim being to bust myths around apprenticeships and encourage applications.
- Frimley set up a conference to celebrate National Apprenticeship Week at Ascot Racecourse. They had fantastic attendance and it was great to see so many people under the same roof to promote apprenticeships. Workshops focused on off-the-job training, End-point Assessment, and storytelling.
- Pret attended the Houses of Parliament, ran the Educating the Educators event with 30 schools and colleges represented and attended the Institute for Student Employers Apprenticeship conference.
- Pizza Express attended the Houses of Parliament and collaborated with Pret and Hilton at the Educating the Educators event.
- Dune were proud to celebrate their Level 3 and 4 Retail apprentices, with celebrations taking place at their Retail Managers Conference. They sent all their learners customised LEAD (Learn, Evolve and Develop) National Apprenticeship Week mugs filled with sweet treats and their apprentices were asked to come to the front and collect their gift, so that the whole business could applaud them! Two graduates also attended the conference and were awarded with their NAW gift as well as their graduation certificate.
Get Involved with National Apprenticeship Week 2021
Want to celebrate your apprentices by joining Lifetime’s National Apprenticeship Week next year? Get in touch with your Account Manager to register your interest ahead of next year’s campaign.