COVID –19; What we’re doing to protect our people
Outlined below is how we’re putting safety first, working hard to support our employees, learners and clients during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Implemented home working for all employees in line with government guidance
- Completed the Staying COVID-19 Secure in 2020 checklist
- Reporting procedures in place if anyone develop symptoms/ are contacted by NHS track and trace
- Risk assessment process in place for those shielding/ living with someone shielding and vulnerable
- COVID 19 policy detailing how any current policy/ processes have been adapted or introduced to accommodate meeting government guidance
- Reminder of mental wellbeing support avenues available
- Reinforcement of government guidance on public transport use
- Hygiene practice reminders aligning with current government guidance
- Employees who are self-isolating are being paid in full for the period of isolation
- Employees who become ill with COVID-19 are being paid from the first day of absence, regardless of their sick entitlement or waiting days.
- Introduced temporary, flexible working policy to support parents during the school closures.
- Introduction of ‘Return to work toolkit ‘- with relevant information to employees on changes to working procedures and health and safety guidance
- Increased resources on “Lifeline”, Lifetime’s internal health and wellbeing hub
- Weekly “Keeping in Touch” communications to keep employees connected
Lifetime Training Group Offices - Additional Measures
- Hand sanitising stations at all touch points in shared and Lifetime areas
- Social distancing facilitated in work and shared areas Perspex screens provided between workstations
- One-way systems in place where possible
- Increased cleaning and sanitisation in place
- Passenger lifts operating at reduced capacity/for prioritised users. Stairwells nominated for use where possible.
- Signage in place within the workplace to indicate social distancing requirements.
- Clear desk policy implemented at all times to support enhanced cleaning and disinfection measures. All employees allocated a designated workstation. Hot desking suspended until further notice.
- Advice and rules provided on safe welfare facility use in shared areas
- Temporary staggered start and finish times for office workers to avoid peak travel times
- Kitchen facilities (fridge/microwave/tea points) available to employees subject to increased cleaning and disinfection schedule
Field Teams - Additional Measures
- Increased contact prior to site visits facilitated to ensure safety of environment for all parties
- Cleaning materials provided for use on IT equipment and allocated work areas at sites
- Clear guidelines on use of equipment with learners
- Clear guidelines on required adjustments to teaching and assessment activities to allow adherence to government guidelines on social distancing
- Advice provided on safe welfare facility use when at client sites
- All trainers to use track and trace system where applicable